Spunk records calls it “..new packaging and a new track-listing..” but you might phrase it this way, “where are the three missing tracks?”. (See discography for more details). I can only speculate about the reasons for leaving three tracks off the EP. Let’s see…
- They want to save these tracks for a full length release…?
- They thought they weren’t good enough…? (WAT?!)
- They thought they weren’t ‘commercial’ enough…? (Tsietsi does go for 13 minutes… and Pig Food for 7…)
- Eight tracks is too long for an “EP” release?
- Some other marketing reason…?
- Some other artistic reason…?
Anyway, if you aren’t lucky enough to own the full version of “The Recordings of the Middle East” then you’re missing out on three amazing songs.
I wonder how the band and/or record label would feel about fans sharing these tracks online. (Hint: check comments).